Prep 24 hrs
Cook 30 mins
From Robin (who got it from the Passionate Homemaking website)
Make and share this Chocolate Coffee Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups cultured buttermilk or 2 cups yogurt or 2 cups whey or 2 cups kefir
- 1 1⁄2 cups artificial sweetener (I use sucanat, but regular sugar would work too)
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup coconut oil
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash clove
- 1 cup nuts, if desired
- In a large bowl, combine flour and liquid (buttermilk, yogurt, etc.). Cover and allow to soak for 12-24 hours.
- After soaking, combine remaining ingredients. Pour into a greased 9x13 pan and cover with chopped nuts, if desired. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.