Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 24 hrs
Cook 30 mins
From Robin (who got it from the Passionate Homemaking website)
Make and share this Chocolate Coffee Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups cultured buttermilk or 2 cups yogurt or 2 cups whey or 2 cups kefir
- 1 1⁄2 cups artificial sweetener (I use sucanat, but regular sugar would work too)
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup coconut oil
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash clove
- 1 cup nuts, if desired
- In a large bowl, combine flour and liquid (buttermilk, yogurt, etc.). Cover and allow to soak for 12-24 hours.
- After soaking, combine remaining ingredients. Pour into a greased 9x13 pan and cover with chopped nuts, if desired. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.