Recipe by embivalence
I found this recipe browsing through another website. While I still have yet to try them, I figure they'd turn out pretty tasty.
Top Review by Baby Kato
These are very tasty bars. They remind me of a good fudgy brownie with a coconut crackle crust topping. We really enjoyed the outstanding flavor of the bars. I found the bars difficult to cut because the coconut portion fell apart easily. Made for Pac Spring 08.
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup flaked coconut
- 1 1⁄2 unsweetened chocolate squares, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- Combine eggs and sugar in a mixing bowl; beat at medium speed of electric mixer until thick and light lemon colored. Stir in flour and oil just until blended.
- In a separate bowl, combine coconut and 1/2 cup of the batter; set aside. Stir chocolate into remaining batter. Pour chocolate mixture into a greased and floured 8-inch square pan. Dollop coconut mixture on top. Swirl coconut batter into the chocolate batter with a butter knife or narrow metal spatula.
- Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden pick or cake tester inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack; cut into bars.
- Makes about 16 coconut chocolate bars.