Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Poster of this recipe says they used "I used milk chocolate too with Dark Chocolate". This came from Quick and Easy Recipes.
- 100 g sweetened flaked coconut (3.5 ounces)
- 140 g sweetened condensed milk (4.9 ounces)
- 1 pinch salt
- 200 g 70% dark chocolate, to coat (7.5 ounces, I used milk chocolate too)
- salted roasted almonds (optional)
- Cook notes: I used salted almonds to place on the tops of the bars before they hardened. I also made a batch using dark chocolate and milk chocolate. Loved them both ways. Keep in mind the dough/candy is very sticky so use wet fingers when molding them into a pan or molding/rolling them into balls. I prefer making these into balls or oval shapes instead of bars. But do what you like.
- Combine coconut with condensed milk, add a pinch of salt and mix until smooth.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes to harden up. At this point you can: place the mixture into a small pan and cut out bars after they’ve hardened OR you can roll them into oval shapes (like eggs) or balls.
- I chose the latter since it’s a lot easier than slicing them into bars. The dough is very sticky so use wet fingers to mold. After you’ve molded them into balls or ovals, place on parchment lined trays and put in fridge for at least an hour before dipping into chocolate. I also found it a lot easier to gently freeze them a bit (like 5-7 minutes before dipping into chocolate).
- Melt the chocolate in a double-boiler. Using two forks roll/dip the balls in the chocolate, making sure to coat all sides. Place on a rack and top with an almond or two if desired.
- When all are done refrigerate until the chocolate hardens.
- Should make about 15 – 18, depending on the size you roll them.