1 hr 10 mins
This is just the best cake for those coconut and chocolate lovers out there. This cake is moist and just wonderfully paired with the coconut.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the cake
For the filling
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons whiskey or 3 tablespoons brandy
- 2 ounces coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
For the topping
- 1Preheat oven to 350F.
- 2Grease a 33 x 13 x 9-inch jelly roll pan.
- 3Lay a large sheet of wax paper or baking parchment on the work surface and dust it evenly with 2 tablespoons of the sugar Place the egg yolfs in a heatproof bowl.
- 4Add the remaining sugar and whisk with a hand-held electric mixer until the mixture thickens.
- 5Sift in the cocoa, then fold in carefully and evenly with a metal spoon Whisk the egg whites in a clean, greasefree bowl until they form soft peaks.
- 6Fold about 1 tablespoon of the whites into the chocolate mixture to lighten it, then fold in the rest evenly Scrape the mixture into the prepared pan, taking it right into the corners.
- 7Smooth the surface with a metal spatula, then bake for 20-25 minutes or until firm and springy to the touch Turn the cooked cake out onto the sugar dusted wax paper and carefully peel off the lining paper.
- 8Cover with a damp towel and let cool completely To make the filling: Whisk the cream with the whiskey or brandy in a bowl until the mixture just holds its shape, grate the coconut cream and stir in with the sugar Uncover the cake and spread about 3/4 of the cream mixture to the edges.
- 9Roll up carefully from a long side.
- 10Transfer to a plate, pipe or spoon the remaining cream mixture onto the top.
- 11Use a vegetable peeler to make cocokut and chocolate curls to decorate the top of the cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Coconut Swirl Cake
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.7
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.7 g
- Cholesterol 183.1 mg
- Sodium 65.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 17.2 g
- Protein 6.3 g