A nice soft and wonderful sponge cake that is best served warm with custard. It has a great taste that any family member will enjoy. its easy and quick to make and doesn't cost a fortune for ingredients. This is only a one layer cake. if done right it will be really soft and moist inside and have a lot more spring in it then the fudge cake I've posted before.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C and place your self just above the middle of the oven.
- 2Cream the margarine and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- 3Add the vanilla essence.
- 4Add one egg and some of the flour, desiccated coconut and cocoa powder and fold into the margarine and sugar repeat until all the ingredients are used up.
- 5Make sure to fold the mix after for a couple of minutes to get as much air in the mix as you can to help it rise better.
- 6Place mix in one 9 inch cake tin (or what sized tin you have handy).
- 7Sprinkle some more desiccated coconut over the top.
- 8Place in oven for 30 to 35 minutes and no more (you may have to test this depending on your oven; I use a conventional gas oven).
- 9Allow to cool slightly in the tin before attempting to remove it or it will break. Serve it as warm as you can with custard of your choosing. Keep leftovers if any for the next day as a treat with a hot cuppa.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Coconut Sponge Cake
Serving Size: 1 (64 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.9
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Sodium 387.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 17.3 g
- Protein 3.4 g