1/7 Photos of Chocolate Coconut Snowballs
This recipe is from the back of an old bag of "M & M's" Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Bits. I am glad I saved it, because these are great cookies and the recipe is no longer available, even on their website. This recipe is one of thirty or so varieties that I make every Christmas and it is always a favorite. *Added 12/30/07: I don't add the M & M baking bits AFTER the dough is refrigerated. I never understood why that was necessary and since I stopped doing it I've noticed no difference. I couldn't find the M & M's this year, so used a 10 oz. bag of Hershey Kissables and they came out just as good.* --K
My Private Note
dozen c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large bowl, cream butter, cream cheese and sugar.
- 2Add egg yolk, almond extract and orange juice, beat well.
- 3Combine flour, baking powder and salt and gradually add to creamed mixture.
- 4Stir in 3 CUPS of the coconut.
- 5Cover and chill for an hour.
- 6Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 7Stir M& M's Baking Bits into dough.
- 8Shape dough into 1" balls and roll each in remaining coconut.
- 9Place on ungreased cookie sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes or until light brown.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Coconut Snowballs
Serving Size: 1 (909 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1172.5
- Calories from Fat 793
- Total Fat 88.1 g
- Saturated Fat 71.5 g
- Cholesterol 111.2 mg
- Sodium 538.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 92.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.2 g
- Sugars 45.4 g
- Protein 13.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
M&M's semi-sweet chocolate baking bits