Recipe by Rainette
This is a quick and easy slice to make using ingredients you'd have in your pantry. I increase the ingredients by 1/2 to fit the size of my slice pan and it works great.
Top Review by ToadFairy
I finally found Weetbix in the US (if anyone's looking for it, Trader Joe's has it), so was happy to find a recipe to use it in (though I love it plain with milk too). I followed the instructions exactly and we loved the result.
- 3 Weet-Bix (wholewheat breakfast biscuits)
- 85 g desiccated coconut
- 120 g caster sugar
- 150 g self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 150 g butter or 150 g margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 1⁄2 cups of soft icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa, extra
- 2 tablespoons hot water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease a 16x26cm baking pan and line with baking paper. Break up the wholewheat buscuits into a large mixing bowl with the coconut and sugar. Into the same bowl sift in the cocoa and self-raising flour and stir.
- Melt the butter and pour of the dry ingredients, add vanilla essence and stir till well combined. (I usually add the essence to the melted butter first).
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan and press down to level. Bake for 15 minutes or until cooked.
- Icing: Sift icing sugar and cocoa into a small mixing bowl. Add the hot water and stir well. Ice slice while it is still warm.
- Cut into squares to serve.