This is a quick and easy slice to make using ingredients you'd have in your pantry. I increase the ingredients by 1/2 to fit the size of my slice pan and it works great.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease a 16x26cm baking pan and line with baking paper. Break up the wholewheat buscuits into a large mixing bowl with the coconut and sugar. Into the same bowl sift in the cocoa and self-raising flour and stir.
- Melt the butter and pour of the dry ingredients, add vanilla essence and stir till well combined. (I usually add the essence to the melted butter first).
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan and press down to level. Bake for 15 minutes or until cooked.
- Icing: Sift icing sugar and cocoa into a small mixing bowl. Add the hot water and stir well. Ice slice while it is still warm.
- Cut into squares to serve.