Recipe by mumof2terrors
Just a little something I make for my kids to take to school. I use half the amount of cocoa in the icing so it's not too strong.
Top Review by Aaron L
Warning DO NOT make this without laying down baking paper. As I didn't have any, I greased a semi-non-stick pan to cook this on and it stuck like concrete. I'm sure I would have rated this higher if the recipe made this clearer. That said, the pile of crumbs I was left with was very tasty.
- 125 g butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup plain flour (all purpose)
- 1⁄3 cup self-raising flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cocoa
- 1 teaspoon soft butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons milk
- little extra shredded coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Place butter, sugar, coconut, egg, sifted flours and cocoa in a bowl. Mix very well.
- Press mixture into a greased 20cm x 20cm cake pan, I like to line it with baking paper. This makes it easier to get out of the pan.
- Bake in a 180°C or 350°F oven for 15 minutes. The original says 20, but I find it comes out a bit dry.
- Allow to cool a little on a cake rack while you prepare the Icing.
- Sift icing and cocoa into a small bowl stir in butter and enough milk to make it just spreadable, dough constancy, not runny.
- Spread onto slice while it's still warm.
- Sprinkle with a little extra coconut.
- Once cool, slice into finger shape slices about 3x1-inch. This keeps well in either pantry or fridge in an air tight container. Even though I don't think it will last long enough.