Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This one comes from my old handwritten recipe book which I have had since I was a teenager :) If you like the confectionery "Chocolate Coconut Roughs" then I hope you will like this. My slice tin size is 30cm long, 20cm wide and 2.5cm high.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add sifted flour, baking powder and cocoa.
- Add coconut.
- Mix well and spread into slice tin.
- Bake at 350'F/175'C for 25minutes.
- Remove from oven and while hot ice with the topping.
- Melt butter and add other ingredients.
- Add a little milk to mix if necessary.
- Stir over a low heat to dissolve and spread over hot base.
- Cut into bars before completely cold.