Recipe by Dib's
Here's a yummy dessert to serve with ice cream or dusted with powdered sugar!
Top Review by mamazee
I am "cooking out of my pantry" this week, while we get ready for a trip with the family... i had a package of phyllo dough in the freezer and thought i'd make a dessert... i was all out of coconut? but i chopped up some almonds - i only had one baking square of unsweetened chocolate so i subbed 3 T cocoa powder and 1 T melted butter for each of the other squares - and mixed in a good dollop of sugar :) - they turned out really really good... a little adult i thought since the chocolate wasn't as sweet as it could have been, but my children gobbled them up and my husband loved them. I dusted them all with powdered sugar and they were a sweet treat :)
- 8 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- 2⁄3 cup sliced almonds or 2⁄3 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄2 cup room temp butter
- 12 sheets phyllo pastry sheets
- 1⁄3 cup oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a food processor add the chocolate, coconut, almonds and butter.
- Process until smooth.
- Place one sheet of dough on the counter and brush with oil.
- Place another sheet on top and cut lengthwise into 4 long equal strips.
- Spoon 1 tbsp of the chocolate nut mixture onto the end of one strip and fold flag style into a triangular shape.
- Place on a baking sheet and repeat using the remainder of the phyllo sheets and chocolate mixture.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool slightly and serve with ice cream or cool completely.