Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A wonderful experience! All the popular ingredients in one pie! A family favorite for any holiday or event. An easy pie to transport to a potluck or reunion.
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 59.16 ml cocoa
- 118.29 ml butter, melted
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 118.29 ml coconut
- 236.59 ml pecans, chopped
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- Cool Whip, on top (optional)
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly. Pour into unbaked pie shell in order shown.
- Bake in 325°F oven for 30 to 35 minutes. Do not overbake or it will dry out. For a fudgy type pie, bake and let center still be moist.
- Serve with a dollop of Cool Whip on top.
Holy heck!! This is awesome!! Incredibly simple & fast to make with outstanding results. I expected the filling to taste cake-like but it was rich & almost creamy-tasting. It set perfectly after 30 minutes in my oven.
Pecan pie is my favorite, and this sounds delicious, and I've got to try it ? with one major change. NO COCONUT!!! I don't mind the taste of coconut, and I use coconut oil all the time, but I HATE the texture! Its like eating sawdust!<br/><br/>There is another version of chocolate pecan pie where you use the classic pecan pie recipe, but cover the bottom of the crust with chocolate chips.
Haven't made this yet, but intend to this weekend. Yikes, this is 1 of those "That's a No-No, you'll suffer for sure.".......(20 yrs later, & Gastroplasty still has its disadvantages, lol) Matters not, the pic alone looks good enuff to eat!! Bet the pie is phenomenal!!