Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A must every holiday (or any time in between). I think this came from a MilNot can, but I am only guessing. I like them fine without the chocolate. Time does not include set times.
- 1⁄4 cup butter (no substitute)
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 7 ounces flaked coconut
- 3⁄4 cup semisweet chocolate
- Melt butter in heavy 1 1/2 quart saucepan.
- Heat until a deep golden brown.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in sugar, milk and vanilla.
- Add coconut.
- Drop by teaspoon onto wax paper.
- Cool (in refrigerator) and shape into cones.
- Melt chocolate over hot water (or in the microwave).
- Twirl the bottoms of candies in the chocolate and set on waxed paper.
- (If you have extra chocolate, twirl the tops too.) Chill until firm.
- If you know these will have to set out where it is extra warm, you can mix some paraffin in the chocolate to help it stay set.
- The mix should not be more than one to one.