A quick and easy chocolate fix.
Make and share this Chocolate Coconut Nut Clusters recipe from Food.com.
- 2 2⁄3 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 2 cups pecans (or your favorite, even mixed nuts would be good) or 2 cups walnuts, chopped (or your favorite, even mixed nuts would be good)
- 2 2⁄3 cups white chocolate chips or 2 2⁄3 cups milk chocolate chips or 2 2⁄3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- chocolate chips, for drizzle (a different kind of chocolate from what you use in the clusters) (optional)
- Line 4 miniature muffin pans with candy cups; set them aside. (Or you can skip the paper candy cups and just drop these by the spoonful onto wax paper lined cookie sheets.).
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Spread the coconut and nuts on separate cookie sheets.
- Bake each until golden brown, about 9 minutes for the nuts and 10 for the coconut, stirring every few minutes to keep them from burning. Let them cool.
- Combine the toasted coconut and nuts in a medium-size bowl. Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave according to the package directions.
- Add the melted chocolate to the coconut mixture; stir well. Drop the mixture by heaping teaspoonfuls into the candy cups (or directly onto lined cookie sheets). Chill until set, about 45 minutes.
- If desired, melt additional chocolate according to the package directions.
- Pour the contents into a zipper bag. Snip off a small corner of the bag, then drizzle the chocolate over the clusters.
- Chill until drizzle is set, about 15 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
I don't know if I can wait 45 mintues for these to dry! I want them to be ready now! After I toasted the coconut I knew they would be great. Toasted coconut just makes everything delicious. And then adding chocolate!! Omg, it is just amazing. I'm so excited to gobble these up.
I just love these! The texture is so yummy with the toasted coconut and the chopped walnuts. Thanks, these will be eaten up in no time! I did halve the recipe. :yummy: