Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe was sent to me on Face Book, and while I tried to make it fit the similar ones I found on here, it was enough different that I felt I needed to post myself. Making today and hope I'm not making a duplicate. Love chocolate and PB, add coconut and I'm all in. Serving size is not listed so have to guess at that, and cooking time is an estimate on cooling
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup coconut oil, unrefined (be sure to use unrefined for the coconut flavor)
- 2 cups dry oats (not instant)
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 1⁄4 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Melt peanut butter, honey and coconut oil over medium-low heat.
- Once melted, remove from heat and add oats, shredded coconut, chocolate chips and vanilla.
- Stir until chocolate is entirely melted.
- Pour into a 9x13 pan and cool in the fridge.
- When it's set, cut into bars and enjoy.
- Store in the fridge. If they last that long!
I stumbled on this recipe after accidentally clicking on someone's profile while reading a post on Facebook. I *love* chocolate, especially easy to make chocolate, so I made a special trip to the store to pickup the chocolate chips and shredded coconut just so I could make this. It was incredibly easy to make but we just didn't like it as it was overly sweet. The only flavors we tasted were honey, chocolate and coconut (I strongly suspect that you could use milk chocolate chips in place of the honey and dark chocolate chips) -- we couldn't taste the peanut butter or the oatmeal and never noticed the walnuts. Despite it setting up fully in the fridge we ate these with a spoon they will melt in your fingers. They do melt in your mouth which I found quite interesting but we will not be making these again.