1/3 Photos of Chocolate Coconut Mounds Cake
1 hr 5 mins
A yummy chocolate cake that tastes like my favorite Mounds candy bar. What could be better? Made easy with a cake mix. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1/3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1/3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
For filling layer
- 1Prepare cake mix according to package directions and bake in a 9 x 13 greased and floured pan.
- 2During the last minutes of baking, bring to a boil, 1 c sugar, 1 c milk and marshmallows.
- 3Watch closely, it burns easily.
- 4Remove from heat and stir in coconut.
- 5Pour over cake as soon as it comes out of the oven.
- 6For frosting, bring to a boil, 1/2 c milk, the butter and 1 c sugar.
- 7Add chocolate chips and stir until they are melted.
- 8Pour over second layer of cake and refrigerate overnight.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Coconut Mounds Cake
Serving Size: 1 (232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 857.9
- Calories from Fat 473
- Total Fat 52.5 g
- Saturated Fat 32.1 g
- Cholesterol 71.1 mg
- Sodium 476.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 100.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 73.5 g
- Protein 8.8 g