A yummy chocolate cake that tastes like my favorite Mounds candy bar. What could be better? Made easy with a cake mix. Enjoy!
- 1 (18 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
For filling layer
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 1⁄2 cups mini marshmallows
- 14 ounces coconut
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions and bake in a 9 x 13 greased and floured pan.
- During the last minutes of baking, bring to a boil, 1 c sugar, 1 c milk and marshmallows.
- Watch closely, it burns easily.
- Remove from heat and stir in coconut.
- Pour over cake as soon as it comes out of the oven.
- For frosting, bring to a boil, 1/2 c milk, the butter and 1 c sugar.
- Add chocolate chips and stir until they are melted.
- Pour over second layer of cake and refrigerate overnight.
This cake is sinfully rich and delicious!!! It is not difficult to make and the filling and frosting do remind you of a Mounds bar. Definitely on my keeper list! Thanks, Marie, for sharing!
This recipe deserves 10 stars! I made this today for my mom's birthday cake so it didn't get the overnight chilling, but it was fine with 6 hours in the fridge. It was a HUGE hit!!! Three of the men had seconds and I caught my sister eating the pieces that had broken off in the pan. It was absolutely amazing....moist, and so like a mounds bar! Not for calorie counters for sure, but go ahead...you only live once! Thanks for our new favourite dessert!
This was delicious. I made it for my mother-in-law's birthday because this is her favorite kind of cake. She said it was much better then the ones she had gotten at the local bakery in past years. I used a Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Fudge cake mix. I would definitely use a wooden spoon handle to poke holes all over the cake so that the toppings can get down in the cake more, but still a great recipe! Thank you for sharing:)