Recipe by Heather'sKitchen
A simple sweet treat! My husband saw this prepared on the pbs show Everyday Food and asked me to try it. I'm posting it here because I know he'll request it again!
- 2 large egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 (7 ounce) package sweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Coat a standard (12 cup) muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg whites, sugar, cocoa and salt until combined.
- Add coconut; mix until well coated. ***I would add the sliced almonds in at this point with the coconut. They didn't want to stick to the tops of the cookies!***.
- Dividing evenly, spoon mixture into muffin tin and pat in gently with moistened fingers.
- Sprinkle with almonds and pat on gently.***See note above***.
- Bake until almonds are golden, 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool in tin for 5-10 minutes.
- Run a thin metal spatula around the edges to loosen from pan.
- Turn out onto rack to cool completely.
- Cookies keep in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.