1/2 Photos of Chocolate Coconut Macaroon Cups
A simple sweet treat! My husband saw this prepared on the pbs show Everyday Food and asked me to try it. I'm posting it here because I know he'll request it again!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Coat a standard (12 cup) muffin tin with cooking spray.
- 2In a large bowl, whisk egg whites, sugar, cocoa and salt until combined.
- 3Add coconut; mix until well coated. ***I would add the sliced almonds in at this point with the coconut. They didn't want to stick to the tops of the cookies!***.
- 4Dividing evenly, spoon mixture into muffin tin and pat in gently with moistened fingers.
- 5Sprinkle with almonds and pat on gently.***See note above***.
- 6Bake until almonds are golden, 20-25 minutes.
- 7Remove from oven and cool in tin for 5-10 minutes.
- 8Run a thin metal spatula around the edges to loosen from pan.
- 9Turn out onto rack to cool completely.
- 10Cookies keep in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Coconut Macaroon Cups
Serving Size: 1 (30 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 126.0
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 52.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 2.0 g