Recipe by Bev
3 ingredients! I discovered this incredible alternative to dairy ice cream from domesticfits.com. So simple to put together and freeze quickly in an ice cream maker. You will not miss the eggs or cream. This recipe is wonderfully creamy and full of chocolate flavor.
- 2 (13 1/2 ounce) cans coconut milk (full fat)
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder (I used Hershey's)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a medium sized pot and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Allow mixture to simmer until thickened; about 8 minutes.
- Place contents in refrigerator; allow to chill until cold; about 4 hours.
- Pour chilled contents into ice cream maker and churn for 20-25.
- Serve immediately if you like soft serve, or (if after tasting any is left) transfer contents to freezable container and put into freezer until desired consistency is reached.