Recipe by Karen=^..^=
These bars are a delicious treat. When I got this recipe it did not contain chocolate, but I couldn't imagine coconut without chocolate, so I added it! I am listing the chocolate chips as optional, but I highly recommend them :)
Top Review by *Pixie*
This is a fantastic recipe! I got decadent and added some chopped maraschino cherries... Wonderful. I think this recipe is one of the nice adaptable ones. Cherries or raisins or nuts instead of the chocolate chips, or in addition to the chocolate chips and/or skor chips... In any case, I have this saved, it's a keeper! Thanks
- 354.88 ml flour
- 473.18 ml brown sugar, firmly packed
- 118.29 ml butter, softened slightly
- 3 large eggs
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 1.23 ml salt
- 354.88 ml sweetened flaked coconut
- 354.88 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional) or 354.88 ml milk chocolate chips (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Using low speed on mixer, combine flour, 1/2 cup of the brown sugar and butter until particles are fine.
- Press into bottom of 9 x 13-inch pan or baking dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Beat the remaining brown sugar with eggs until just blended.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Spread over partially baked crust.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely and cut into squares.