Recipe by WiGal
This wonderful recipe was served at my DIL's baptism by her maternal grandmother, and will be served at her child's baptism:) (Note that 12 cups is 3/4 of a gallon.)
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 13 ounces fat-free evaporated milk
- 10 1⁄2 ounces miniature marshmallows (5 cups)
- 1 1⁄3 cups flaked coconut
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups Rice Krispies, crushed
- 1 cup walnuts or 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 12 cups reduced-fat vanilla ice cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In sauce pan, melt chocolate in milk; bring to boil; boil gently, uncovered, 4 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Add marshmallows; heat and stir until melted.
- Wait for it to cool.
- In skillet cook and stir coconut in butter until lightly browned.
- Stir in cereal and nuts into the skillet.
- Spread 3 cups of cereal mixture in bottom of 13 X 9 inch pan.
- Cut ice cream in half lengthwise and then horizontally into 12 slices making a total of 24 pieces.
- Arrange half the ice cream over cereal.
- Spread with half the chocolate mixture.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with remaining cereal.
- Cover; freeze firm.
- Let stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes before serving.