Light and delicious - from Cooking Light
Make and share this Chocolate-Coconut Cupcakes (Light!) recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 2⁄3 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg white (at room temp.)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- 1⁄2 ounce semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- preheat oven to 350.
- Combine cocoa and i teaspoon cinnamon in a small bowl. Add boiling water, stirring to dissolve cocoa. Set aside.
- Combine yogurt and baking soda; stir.
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons maragarine, and yolk. Beat at high speed for one minute. Add cocoa mixture, yogurt mixture, flour, coconut, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and almond extract; mix well.
- Beat salt and egg white at high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold into batter; divide batter evenly among 12 lined muffin cups. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until centers of cupcakes spring back when touched lightly in center.
- Combine 1 1/2 tablespoons water, 1 teaspoon margarine and chocolate in saucepan. Place over medium-high heat until chocolate melts. Remove from pan, stir in powdered sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Spread this mixture over warm cupcakes.
YUMMY! and low-fat too. Easy to make. Thanks for a keeper!