Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Christian Science Monitor
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 squares unsweetened baking chocolate (melted and cooled)
- 236.59 ml flour
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 118.29 ml oats
- 118.29 ml shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°F Beat softened butter in a bowl, then add both sugars and beat for two minutes. Add egg and beat until creamy.
- Pour in melted chocolate. (**You can also use cocoa: three tablespoons of cocoa and one tablespoon of butter for every ounce of baking chocolate needed.).
- Stir in flour, baking powder and baking soda until just combined. Add oats and coconut.
- Drop slightly rounded teaspoonfuls of dough onto cookie sheets. Bake for 10 minutes and let cool briefly on the pans before removing to a storage container.
Wonderful taste of chocolate and coconut. These cookies are so yummy. It's really important to let them cool on the baking sheet. Thanks Ambervim :) Made for PAC Spring 2012