Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I have been entering mainly healthy recipes recently. But, sometimes we just need something sweet and chocolatey. This is almost a candy - very chewy - not too sweet but definately chocolate!
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 dash salt
- In the top of a double boiler, over simmering water, heat milk and chocolate until the chocolate melts.
- Remove from heat and stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Drop by level teaspoonfuls 1&1/2" apart on heavily greased cookie sheets.
- Bake in a preheated 300* oven, taking care that bottoms do not burn, 15 minutes or until slightly firm and dry to touch.
these are some of my favorite cookies! kind of like nobakes but no guten! i used walnuts and only had 2 oz chocolate so i used cocoa pwd. turned out great but 15 min was WAY to long! turned out too dry. i like mine on the gooey side anyway but 6-7 min worked great for me. i want to make these every day!! i like to eat them with icecream even before they are baked. YUM!! thanks so much.
Well healthy recipes suit a purpose but sometimes we have to indulge and treat ourselves.-----This was great and i'll be trying again. Thanks.
These were really great! I loved the chocolate-coconut combination and yes, they are indeed almost like little candies. The only thing that was a little weird was the texture--kind of gummy. But we really liked these and I will probably make them again sometime. Thanks for posting!