Recipe by Trisha W
I have been entering mainly healthy recipes recently. But, sometimes we just need something sweet and chocolatey. This is almost a candy - very chewy - not too sweet but definately chocolate!
Top Review by sprue
these are some of my favorite cookies! kind of like nobakes but no guten! i used walnuts and only had 2 oz chocolate so i used cocoa pwd. turned out great but 15 min was WAY to long! turned out too dry. i like mine on the gooey side anyway but 6-7 min worked great for me. i want to make these every day!! i like to eat them with icecream even before they are baked. YUM!! thanks so much.
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 dash salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In the top of a double boiler, over simmering water, heat milk and chocolate until the chocolate melts.
- Remove from heat and stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Drop by level teaspoonfuls 1&1/2" apart on heavily greased cookie sheets.
- Bake in a preheated 300* oven, taking care that bottoms do not burn, 15 minutes or until slightly firm and dry to touch.