Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Womans World magazine published a bunch of Disney Desert recipes in Dec 2006. The description in the magazine says: Inspired by an early 1900's recipe, these bars are an old fashioned Christmas delight.
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 1⁄2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup pecans (chopped)
- 2 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- candy sprinkles (red and green) (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Line 13" x 9" pan with enough foil to overhang long sides by 2" and coat with cooking spray.
- Combine crumbs, butter, sugar, and cinnamon.
- Press onto bottom of pan.
- Combine coconut, chocolate chips, and pecans.
- Spread evenly over crumb mixture.
- Pour condensed milk over coconut mixture.
- If desired, top with sprinkles/jimmies.
- Bake 30 minutes or until lightly browned and center is just set.
- Cool and then using foil, lift from pan.
- Cut into squares. (recipe is based on cutting into 32 squares).
This had way too much cinnamon flavor for my family. It over-powered everything else. If I made it again I would only put 1/4 tsp cinnamon in it.