Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These cookies have a great tropical flavor.
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup sweet butter, softened
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄3 cups shredded coconut
- 12 ounces white chocolate, cut into small chunks
- 1 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour and the baking soda.
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter and sugar with an electric mixer.
- Beat in the eggs and the vanilla extract.
- Beat in the flour mixture, but be careful, don’t overmix it.
- Stir in the coconut, white chocolate and macadamias.
- Drop the dough by rounded tablespoons about 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- I like to line the cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
I made these for the girls in my office. These were gobbled up! A little sweet for me but still good!