- 1 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups coconut
- 1 cup maraschino cherry
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream shortening and sugar in a large bowl.
- Ad eggs and extract beating on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add to creamy mixture gradually beating on low speed.
- Stir in chips, coconut and cherries (coarsely chopped).
- Drop table spoon fill in greased baking sheet.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes at 350°F.