I wrote out this recipe AGES ago -- don't remember where I found it -- but finally tried it this week. Oh. my. goodness. I HAVE BEEN MISSING OUT!!! Simple and irrisistible! Tastes good the first day, but definitely better a day later; my recommendation would be to make it a day in advance if it's for a special occasion.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 3 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, melted (I used 3/4 c. chips instead)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup light cream (I used half-and-half)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- For base: Combine flour and sugar. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Stir in coconut.
- Press mixture firmly into 8x8" square cake pan.
- For filling: cream together cream cheese, melted chocolate, eggs, flour and sugar until smooth and light.
- Gradually add cream, vanilla, and cinammon, mixing until smooth.
- Pour over base and bake @ 350F for 25-35 min, or until filling is set.
- Cool and refrigerate. Drizzle with more melted semi-sweet chocolate, if desired (approximately 2 squares or 1/3-1/2 cup chips).
- Cut into bars or squares and serve!
I don't even like coconut but love this! My brought had wanted a chocolate coconut cheesecake and I came across this recipe. It's so easy to make and so very yummy!