1/4 Photos of Chocolate Coconut Bundt Cake
1 hr 5 mins
I found this recipe about 25 years ago in a magazine. I realize it isn't a "from scratch" recipe, but sometimes you want something a bit out of the ordinary even though you are pressed for time. Its been a very popular dessert with my family for picnics, BBQ's, etc. and always a success at bake sales. It tastes like those chocolate covered coconut candy bars :)
My Private Note
bundt c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (2 layer size)
- 1 package instant chocolate pudding mix (4 serving size)
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1Can use a chocolate glaze if you prefer.
- 2Preheat oven to 350° degrees.
- 3Grease and flour a 10" bundt pan.
- 4Filling: In a small bowl, beat egg whites till foamy.
- 5Slowly add sugar while beating whites until stiff peaks form.
- 6Stir in flour and coconut and set mixture aside.
- 7Cake batter: In a large bowl, mix remaining ingredients.
- 8Beat for 2 minutes with mixer at medium speed.
- 9Pour about 1/3 to 1/2 of the batter into the pan.
- 10Spoon the coconut mixture evenly on top of the batter.
- 11Fill the pan with the remaining batter.
- 12Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes, or until cake tester inserted into center comes out clean.
- 13Let cake cool in the pan for about 15 minutes, remove from pan and finish cooling on rack.
- 14When cool, top with glaze.
- 15Confectioner's Sugar Glaze: In a small bowl, gradually stir milk into sugar, glaze should be thick enough to stay on the top of the cake, yet"drip" down the sides a bit.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Coconut Bundt Cake
Serving Size: 1 (129 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 500.4
- Calories from Fat 194
- Total Fat 21.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 70.6 mg
- Sodium 644.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 50.7 g
- Protein 6.4 g