Recipe by twissis
This recipe is another sweet treat from *Microwave Cooking* by Lorna Rhodes & is sadly the final recipe I’ll be entering from this nifty cookbook. The intro boasts that “These are so quick that you can make them within minutes of your children arriving home w/friends.” That promise & how good they looked in the pic made a believer out of me (Time does not include 10 minute standing time). *Enjoy* !
Top Review by katew
This worked for me but I did reduce cooking time by half after reading previous review - after all there is endless variation between microwaves - any way I had success and even frosted mine and the children swarmed in and ate the lot !!! Thanks Twis !!!
- 5 ounces self-rising flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 ounces light brown sugar (must be soft)
- 4 ounces desiccated coconut
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 4 ounces margarine (diced)
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 5 ounces milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease & line an 8-9 in square dish. Mix the flour, baking soda, sugar, coconut & cocoa powder in a lrg bowl.
- Place the margarine in a bowl & microwave on HIGH for 1 minute. Beat into dry ingredients w/eggs + milk (till smooth) & pour into prepared dish.
- Cook on HIGH for 8 minutes. Allow to stand for 5 minutes & turn out onto a wire rack to cool. Cut into squares to serve.