Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
You can also call these OMG Brownies!
Make and share this Chocolate Coconut Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup butterscotch topping
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 3⁄4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups dark brown sugar, packed
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 13x9x2 inch baking pan, set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl beat 1 egg until fluffy and light in color.
- Stir in butterscotch topping.
- Fold in pecans and coconut.
- Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the butter for 30 seconds.
- Bean in brown sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in cooled chocolate.
- Beat in the eggs, vanilla and instant coffee.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Beat into chocolate mixture 1/3 at a time.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Spread nut mixture over batter.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until just set.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Cut into 24 bars.