Recipe by Jan in Lanark
I added these to my Christmas cookie list last year, and having just made them again I now know why! They are incredible and sure to be a hit with any chocolate lovers. Recipe from an old Good Housekeeping magazine.
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine, cut up
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- In 1 quart saucepan, melt chocolate and butter together over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Pour into large bowl and let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- Stir sugar and vanilla into chocolate mixture.
- Mix in eggs, one at a time.
- Add flour mixture, chocolate chips and coconut.
- Cover with plastic and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 350.
- Shape dough into 1 1/2 inch balls and place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Cook for 12-14 minutes, until set.
- Cool on cookie sheet for two minutes and transfer to wire rack.
- Will keep at room temp for 1 week or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Prep time does not include chilling time and cooking time is per batch.