Top Review by Mark Kovach
This was good. Make as directed except I used chocolate graham crackers. If I was going to make it again however (and I will) I would half the butter (crust was soggy with it), double the coconut, and forget the peanut butter in the chocolate topping. I really wanted something like the coconut bars the Cuban's sell in the cafes in Miami and this didn't have enough coconut.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 Hershey Bar (7 oz.)
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the crumbs, butter and sugar.
- Press into a greased 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Remove and set aside.
- While bottom layer is cooking combine coconut, milk and pecans in a medium sized bowl.
- Spread over the crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 more minutes.
- Cool completely.
- In a small saucepan, melt chocolate bar and peanut butter over low heat.
- Spread over bars.
- Cut into squares.