Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This has all my honey's favorite things!
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup shortening
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 3 tablespoons flour
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 13x9x2 inch pan.
- For cookie base combine sugar, shortening, cocoa, egg and water in a large bowl.
- Beat until well blended.
- Combine 1 1/4 cups flour and salt.
- Add gradually to the creamed mixture.
- Stir until just blended.
- Press into bottom of greased pan.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
- For filling combine condensed milk, 3 Tbsp flour and vanilla.
- Stir with a spoon until just blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips, walnuts and coconut.
- Spoon over baked cookie base.
- Spread carefully to cover.
- Return to oven.
- Bake another 20 minutes at 350.
- Cut into bars@ 1 1/2x1 1/2 inches.