Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the grand prize winner taken from Taste of Home's Simple&Delicious magazine, Nov/Dec/07 submitted by Mary Ann Marino -- if your coconut strands are long I suggest to chop with a knife --- these are SO delicious!
- In a large bowl combine confectioners sugar with coconut, almonds and condensed milk.
- Shape into 1-inch balls.
- Place in refrigerator until firm.
- In a microwave-safe bowl melt the chocolate chips with shortening, removing to stir once or twice until smooth.
- Dip each ball into the chocolate mixture allowing the excess chocolate to drip off.
- Place on waxed paper; let stand until set.
- Store in refrigerator.
These were indeed "simple and delicious"! I brought them to an "End of the World" Party (12-21-12) and they were quite a success (translated to: none were left). Will definitely be making these again. Thanks for posting the recipe, Kittencalskitchen.
This will be on every candy tray I make from now on!!! I dipped them in melted Nestle dark chocolate morsels and used finely chopped pecans because that was all I had. Heavenly!!!
We added these to our 2010 holiday trays. They were wonderful. We added an almond to the center, rolled the coconut mixture around and dipped in chocolate. Then we topped with a little bit of toasted coconut for decoration. They looked and tasted great. Thank you for sharing.