Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is the grand prize winner taken from Taste of Home's Simple&Delicious magazine, Nov/Dec/07 submitted by Mary Ann Marino -- if your coconut strands are long I suggest to chop with a knife --- these are SO delicious!
Top Review by BelleofPA
These were indeed "simple and delicious"! I brought them to an "End of the World" Party (12-21-12) and they were quite a success (translated to: none were left). Will definitely be making these again. Thanks for posting the recipe, Kittencalskitchen.
- 1 3⁄4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups flaked coconut (chop if the stands are long)
- 1 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl combine confectioners sugar with coconut, almonds and condensed milk.
- Shape into 1-inch balls.
- Place in refrigerator until firm.
- In a microwave-safe bowl melt the chocolate chips with shortening, removing to stir once or twice until smooth.
- Dip each ball into the chocolate mixture allowing the excess chocolate to drip off.
- Place on waxed paper; let stand until set.
- Store in refrigerator.