Prep 1 min
Cook 12 mins
True chocoholics will want to use bittersweet chocolate, which carries a more pronounced flavor than semisweet. Makes 2(8 oz) or 4 (4 oz) servings
- 2 cups water
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate or 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Grand Marnier or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Amaretto or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- finely shredded orange peel (optional)
- In a small saucepan combine water and chocolate; cook and stir just until boiling. Remove from heat; stir in liqueur or vanilla.
- In a small chilled mixing bowl beat cream with an electric mixer on low to medium speed until soft peaks form (tips curl).
- Top each serving of cocoa with whipped cream; sprinkle with orange peel, if desired.
We loved this cocoa drink with the semisweet chocolate and Amaretto!. So easy to make a very nice treat on a chilly evening. Would like to try it with the bittersweet chocolate too! Thank you sweets for sharing! Made and reviewed for the Please Review My Recipe tag game.
What a surprise this treat was as I thought just water and chocolate, without any type of dairy, would not tatste as good. I didn't miss the diary for this cocoa at all. Made as written for one serving using half semisweet and 1/2 bittersweet and since it was morning, used the vanilla. Thanks for sharing a great chocolate drink!! Made for 123 Tag Game.
This is a wonderful and delicious treat. What's not to love when it comes to chocolate and Amaretto? This was very simple and it really hit the spot! I did not use the optional orange peel. Thanks for sharing!