Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Family friend for Terry Donaldson Recipe Introduction This is the second one let me know how they turned out.
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa, plus
- 1⁄4 cup baking cocoa, divided
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups hot water
- vanilla ice cream (optional)
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar and 2 Tbsp cocoa.
- Stir in milk and oil until smooth.
- Pour into a greased 6 inch square baking pan.
- Combine the brown sugar and remaining cocoa; sprinkle over batter.
- Pour hot water over top.
- Do not stir.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until top of cake springs back when lightly touched Serve warm with ice cream if desired.
- Serves 6-8.