Prep 30 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is a favorite dessert in my restaurant. It was developed by myself while I was in a pinch for a lunch-time dessert. I have sent this recipe to almost every state and three foreign countries. It is my most requested recipe. I hope you enjoy it. Please send me feedback.
- 6 pieces french puff pastry (6 inch)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄8 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1⁄8 cup Kahlua
- In a 12X18 baking dish, line bottom with pastry squares.
- Mix next 4 ingredients together.
- In a heavy sauce pan, mix the next 3 ingredients together over medium heat.
- Add the dry ingredients to the saucepan and mix well.
- Stir constantly until the mixture slightly thickens (About 10 minutes).
- Pour mixture over pastry.
- Bake at 350F for 45-55 minutes.
- Serve hot with a scoop of coffee ice cream.
Tried the wonderful cobbler while visiting Daisy State Park, Arkansas. I'd never heard of a Chocolate Cobbler so I had to try it. WOW!! It was one of the best cobblers I've ever tasted. Can't wait to try to make it myself. Hope it comes out as good as Paul's. Thank you, Paul, for creating such a delicious dessert. Shelia from Pearl River, LA
YUM!! Also great with cool whip.