Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This cake makes it's own chocolate sauce. It's wonderful served warm with ice-cream.
Make and share this Chocolate Cobbler recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 1⁄3 cups hot water
- In bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and the 2TBS cocoa.
- Stir in milk and oil until smooth.
- Pour into a greased 8in square baking pan.
- Combine brown sugar and the 1/4 cup cocoa.
- Sprinkle over batter.
- Pour hot water over the top (do not stir).
- Bake at 350* for 45 minutes or until cake springs back when touched.
I've made this twice now. The first time I made only half to test the recipe with BF, brother, and me we all enjoyed it very much. The second time I made it for Thanksgiving dinner. I added a little vanilla and served with vanilla bean ice cream and it was a hit. Thanks so much, will definitely be making this often.
I too have been making this recipe for years and it was always a favourite. It is so simple to throw together and makes a lovely sauce. Add a little vanilla ice cream and this is a chocolate lovers paradise!!
It didn't look pretty at all. And the flavor was only entertaining because I'd read other reviews and added cinnamon & nutmeg for extra flavor. First serving was ok. Reheated--hard to swallow.