Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
"Rich, wonderful old-timey like cobbler!!!! Great for potlucks and get-togethers. Fast, easy and always a hit! Great with ice cream!!" Original recipe yield: 8 servings
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Melt butter in an 8x8 inch baking dish while the oven preheats.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, 3/4 cup sugar, and 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa. Stir in milk and vanilla until smooth. Spoon this batter over the melted butter in the baking dish.
- Stir together the remaining cup of sugar and 1/4 cup cocoa powder. Sprinkle over the batter. Slowly pour boiling water over the top of the mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until set. Serve slightly warm with ice cream.