Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 4 ounces semisweet dark chocolate baking bar or 4 ounces sweet dark chocolate baking bar, chopped
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon Amaretto or 1 tablespoon other liqueur
- 20 disposable spoons (you can even use heavy plastic spoons, the colored ones for the holidays are nice)
- 4 -6 ounces vanilla candy coating, melted (optional)
- Combine chocolate baking bar, whipping cream and Amaretto in a 1-cup glass measuring cup.
- Microwave on medium (50% power) for 1 minute, stirring at 30 seconds until melted and smooth.
- Dip spoons in melted chocolate so that the bowl of spoon is coated completely.
- Allow the excess to drip off.
- Place on wax paper; chill for at least 15 minutes in freezer to allow to set. Drizzle chilled spoons with melted vanilla-flavored candy coating to decorate, if desired.
- To use, stir into coffee or hot chocolate until melted.
- Makes about 20 spoons.
- They are pretty if wrapped in colored plastic wrap and tied with a pretty bow.
- If you don't have a micr o-wave, I think that this could be done stove top on low heat and just watch that the chocolate doesn't burn.
I made these for the ladies at our church for Mother's Day. They turned out beautiful.