1/1 Photo of Chocolate Coated Macaroons
1 hr 20 mins
These are the best macaroons ever. Why? Because they are coated in chocolate!! For that time when you just need a chewy macaroon, plus some chocolate of course:)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 dash salt
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
For chocolate coating
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Combine coconut, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and salt in a medium bowl.
- 3Mix in sweetened condensed milk to form a thick paste and coat all coconut.
- 4Beat egg whites with 1 teaspoon cream of tartar until stiff.
- 5Fold egg whites into coconut mixture.
- 6Drop by rounded teaspoons onto parchment paper on cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- 7Flatten slightly (trust me, it will make it alot easier when you chocolate coat them).
- 8Bake 8-10 minutes or until tops begin to turn light brown.
- 9Remove from oven and let cool on pan about 2 minutes.
- 10Remove from pan onto wire rack and let cool completely.
- 11Meanwhile, prepare glaze by melting chocolate chips.
- 12Add vanilla extract and powdered sugar to melted chocolate
- 13Add water until chocolate mixture becomes a good consistency to dip the macaroons in (the idea is to be not too thin and not too thick; it should stick to the cookies but not be too thick).
- 14To coat macaroons, let cool completely.
- 15Dip the flat bottoms of macaroons into chocolate mixture then place them upside down on wire rack.
- 16Let the bottom coating cool either at room temperature, or you can stick em in the fridge to speed up the process.
- 17Once the coating has set on the bottoms, coat the tops and place back on wire rack with set bottom on the bottom.
- 18Allow chocolate to set.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Coated Macaroons
Serving Size: 1 (24 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 89.4
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 2.3 mg
- Sodium 37.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 1.2 g