Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Rich and fattening--the only way to go!!! This tastes like a big Mounds bar:)
- 236.59 ml butter, softened
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 5 eggs
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 4.92 ml coconut extract
- 591.47 ml flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 0.59 ml salt
- 236.59 ml shredded coconut
- 113.39 g semisweet chocolate, melted
- 78.07 ml shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Grease and flour a 10" fluted tube pan.
- CAKE: In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, then the sour cream, vanilla, and coconut extract.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add to butter mixture just until combined; do not overmix.
- Gently stir in the coconut.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in the pan; loosen edges and invert onto a wire rack.
- Cool completely.
- When the cake is completely cooled, pour the melted chocolate over the top of the cake, letting it drip down the sides.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 cup coconut.