Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Rich and fattening--the only way to go!!! This tastes like a big Mounds bar:)
Make and share this Chocolate-Coated Coconut Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 1⁄3 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Grease and flour a 10" fluted tube pan.
- CAKE: In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, then the sour cream, vanilla, and coconut extract.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add to butter mixture just until combined; do not overmix.
- Gently stir in the coconut.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in the pan; loosen edges and invert onto a wire rack.
- Cool completely.
- When the cake is completely cooled, pour the melted chocolate over the top of the cake, letting it drip down the sides.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 cup coconut.