Recipe by peachez
A fast easy snack, I also substitute any fruit -( apples, pineapple, cherries, grapes, melons, oranges etc ) I have handy, You may also chill any fruit. I'll even dip small extra sharp cheese chunks into the sauce and lightly dust them with freshly grated cinnamon( My DH doesn't understand that one, just something about sweet, salty and sharp ), pretty tasty to me that way. Prep time includes preparing the bananas and saucing them.
- 1⁄2 cup Karo syrup
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch, sifted with
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa (I use Hershey's)
- 3 -4 bananas, peel and slice just before use
- toothpicks or skewer
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat Karo syrup, cornstarch / cocoa mixture in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring continously until a slow boil, simmer about 1 minute. Remove syrup from heat. Pour syrup into a serving bowl.
- Peel and slice bananas into rounds or chunks, insert toothpicks/ skewers into banana pieces.
- Dip banana sides or drizzle syrup over them. Serve.