Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A cocoa cinnamon nut filling in the center adds a different twist to this delicious sour cream coffeecake. Recipe found on the internet.
- 2⁄3 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 orange, grated peel of
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- Mix together walnuts, cocoa, cinnamon, 1/3 c sugar and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 10" bundt pan.
- In large bowl of electric mixer, cream butter with 1 1/2 c sugar until blended.
- Increase speed to high and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, sour cream, orange rind, vanilla and mix.
- Add dry ingredients and beat at low speed until mixed.
- At medium speed, beat for 3 minutes.
- Spread half of batter in prepared pan, sprinkle with nut mixture, top with remaining batter.
- Bake for 60 to 65 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool coffeecake in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool completely.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar to serve.