A delicious, different cinnamon roll recipe.
Make and share this Chocolate Cinnamon Rolls recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package yeast
- 3⁄4 cup water (110-115 degrees)
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon softened butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- chopped nuts (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 -3 teaspoons cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- In medium bowl,dissolve yeast in water.
- Stir in shortening, salt, sugar, egg, cocoa, and 1 cup flour.
- Beat 2 minutes on medium speed of mixer, or 300 vigorous strokes by hand.
- Scrape side of bowl, stir in remaining flour; blend well.
- Cover and let rise in warm place until double (about 1 hour). Stir dough down by beating 25 strokes.
- Turn soft dough into well floured surface; roll into 8x12-inch rectangle.
- Spread with softened butter and sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Roll up beginning with wide edge.
- Pinch edges together.
- Cut into 12 pieces.
- Place in greased 9x13-inch pan.
- Let rise until doubled (about 40 minutes) Bake at 375°F for 25 minutes.
- Combine icing ingredients, adding enough cream for good spreading consistency.
- Spread on rolls immediately and then sprinkle with nuts if desired.
- Serve warm.
- Can also use favorite cream cheese icing to frost.