Prep 45 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A wonderful frozen, make-ahead dessert for chocolate lovers! This recipe was developed by Ms. Henna Ström; it won 1st prize in a chocolate recipe competition organised by Kodin Kuvalehti magazine! Cooking time is freezing time, which in turn is an estamate, as I usually make this in the morning, put in the freezer, and serve at dinner time! Do not keep this in the freezer for days though, as the texture will suffer.
- Whip cream until stiff peaks form.
- Transfer 1/3 of the whipped cream into another bowl, add cinnamon (to the 1/3) and stir to combine.
- Beat one egg yolk well.
- Measure sugar and water into a small saucepan and bring the mixture slowly to a boil, stirring.
- As soon as the the mixture begins to boil, remove from heat.
- Slowly pour half of the hot sugar-water mixture on the beaten egg yolk, stirring constantly.
- Allow the mixture to cool.
- Add the cinnamon-flavoured whipped cream to the egg-sugar mixture, stir to combine.
- Spoon the mixture into four small drinking glasses and place in the freezer.
- Melt chocolate in a water bath or microwave.
- Beat the remaining egg yolk well.
- Reheat the remaining sugar-water mixture, and slowly add it to the egg yolk, stirring constantly.
- Allow to cool.
- Add cocoa powder and melted chocolate to the mixture, stir.
- Add the remaining whipped cream, stir to combine.
- Spoon the mixture on top of the cinnamon parfait and return the glasses to the freezer until frozen and ready to serve.
- Bring to room temperature some 10 minutes before digging in.
Absolutely scrumptious! Easy step-by-step instructions. I got the preparation done much quicker by doing steps 6, 10, and 12 simultaneously.