1/1 Photo of Chocolate Cinnamon Parfait
2 hrs 45 mins
A wonderful frozen, make-ahead dessert for chocolate lovers! This recipe was developed by Ms. Henna Ström; it won 1st prize in a chocolate recipe competition organised by Kodin Kuvalehti magazine! Cooking time is freezing time, which in turn is an estamate, as I usually make this in the morning, put in the freezer, and serve at dinner time! Do not keep this in the freezer for days though, as the texture will suffer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Whip cream until stiff peaks form.
- 2Transfer 1/3 of the whipped cream into another bowl, add cinnamon (to the 1/3) and stir to combine.
- 3Beat one egg yolk well.
- 4Measure sugar and water into a small saucepan and bring the mixture slowly to a boil, stirring.
- 5As soon as the the mixture begins to boil, remove from heat.
- 6Slowly pour half of the hot sugar-water mixture on the beaten egg yolk, stirring constantly.
- 7Allow the mixture to cool.
- 8Add the cinnamon-flavoured whipped cream to the egg-sugar mixture, stir to combine.
- 9Spoon the mixture into four small drinking glasses and place in the freezer.
- 10Melt chocolate in a water bath or microwave.
- 11Beat the remaining egg yolk well.
- 12Reheat the remaining sugar-water mixture, and slowly add it to the egg yolk, stirring constantly.
- 13Allow to cool.
- 14Add cocoa powder and melted chocolate to the mixture, stir.
- 15Add the remaining whipped cream, stir to combine.
- 16Spoon the mixture on top of the cinnamon parfait and return the glasses to the freezer until frozen and ready to serve.
- 17Bring to room temperature some 10 minutes before digging in.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Cinnamon Parfait
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 345.2
- Calories from Fat 319
- Total Fat 35.5 g
- Saturated Fat 21.5 g
- Cholesterol 180.8 mg
- Sodium 35.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 5.1 g