Got this from Land O' Lakes. Very tasty and very easy to put together...
Make and share this Chocolate Cinnamon Nut Bars recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to *350.
- Combine flour, 3/4 cup of butter, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl. Beat at medium speed until crumbly. Stir in nuts by hand.
- Press dough onto bottom of an ungreased 13x9-inch baking pan. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes until firm.
- Meanwhile, melt chips and 1/4 cup butter in a medium saucepan on low heat; stir until smooth.
- Remove from heat; add brown sugar, eggs,and vanilla. Stir until well mixed. Pour mixture over hot baked crust. Continue baking for 20 to 25 minutes or until the center is set.
- Cool completely and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
I made this for the cookie trays this year. This was very easy to put together. The cookie was dense and rich. I love chocolate, cinnamon and pecans but I guess I'm not crazy about them all together in one bite (just a personal thing I guess). Thank you for posting this recipe. I'm glad that I tried it..
These were very easy and quite delicious, just a tad too sweet for me.
This is very easy to do. The crust is almost like a shortbread. I used a 1/2 cup of milk chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of cinnamon chips in place of the semisweet chips so I didn't top it with powdered sugar as it was pretty sweet.