Recipe by HEP MEP
Got this from Land O' Lakes. Very tasty and very easy to put together...
Top Review by Chicagopm
I made this for the cookie trays this year. This was very easy to put together. The cookie was dense and rich. I love chocolate, cinnamon and pecans but I guess I'm not crazy about them all together in one bite (just a personal thing I guess). Thank you for posting this recipe. I'm glad that I tried it..
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped nuts (I used pecans)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to *350.
- Combine flour, 3/4 cup of butter, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl. Beat at medium speed until crumbly. Stir in nuts by hand.
- Press dough onto bottom of an ungreased 13x9-inch baking pan. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes until firm.
- Meanwhile, melt chips and 1/4 cup butter in a medium saucepan on low heat; stir until smooth.
- Remove from heat; add brown sugar, eggs,and vanilla. Stir until well mixed. Pour mixture over hot baked crust. Continue baking for 20 to 25 minutes or until the center is set.
- Cool completely and sprinkle with powdered sugar.