Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found this recipe in the June 2007 issue of Bon Appetit magazine. It sounded, and looked so good. The cherry & mousse portions can be made 1 day ahead, keeping covered and chilled. Times do not include chill time.
- 8 ounces bing cherries, pitted (fresh preferred)
- 1⁄3 cup black cherry preserves or 1⁄3 cup other cherry preserves
- 1⁄3 cup ruby port or 1⁄3 cup cherry juice
- 1 1⁄4 cups chilled heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1⁄8 teaspoon generous ground cinnamon
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate or 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- Combine cherries, preserves and Port in heavy small saucepan.
- Bring to boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium and continue boiling until it thickens to a syrup, stirring frequently, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a small bowl.
- Chill until cold, approximately 3 hours).
- Combine 1/4 C cream and cinnamon in small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add chocolate, whisking until melted and smooth.
- Transfer chocolate mixture to large bowl.
- In medium bowl, beat remaining 1 C cream with mixer until soft peaks form.
- Fold 1/4 of whipped cream into lukewarm chocolate mixture.
- fold in remaining whipped cream in 3 additions, just until incorporated.
- Divide mousse among serving dishes/bowls.
- Chill until set, approximately 4 hours.
- To serve:.
- Spoon cherry mixture with syrup on top of mousse.